Universal High Performance
- Universal high performance foil kite
- Newly refined sail shaping for better acceleration and smoother handling
- All-round, twin-tip and hydrofoil settings
- New smaller sizes with exciting strong wind performance
- For experienced riders or those with previous foil experience
The Chrono V5 isn’t as much of a re-worked design as the V4 model was, but instead is a continued evolution of refined handling. Performance-wise it still sits between the Hyperlink and R1 models in the range.
- Design focus for the V5 was centred upon refined sail shaping that has resulted in rounder loops with better acceleration, generally smoother handling and later stalling.
- New 9 & 7 metre sizes are capable of immense boost and glide, delivering very exciting performance possibilities in stronger winds.
- There’s also a new valve design, allowing for faster inflation and better seal.
While it’s only slightly more demanding than the Hyperlink to fly, the Chrono V5’s performance spectrum edges closer to the remarkable R1 race machine, unlocking your potential for progression.
PERFORMANCE FOIL KITE CREDENTIALS
The Chrono V5 proudly carries forward the rich legacy of its predecessors. Meticulously crafted using cutting-edge design technology, this kite offers both accessible and exceptional performance.
Although the new nine and seven metre sizes are designed to perform in stronger winds, the Chrono V5 is still focused on providing epic sessions for both hydrofoil and twin-tip riders who want to push their performance levels in light to mid-range winds.
TRANSVERSE SAIL SHAPING & AERODYNAMIC GAINS
Introduced on the Chrono V4, our innovative leading edge Transverse Sail Shaping design optimises the vital aerofoil section, resulting in a smoother surface and sweeter aerodynamic performance.
FLUID FLYING, CONSTANT POWER & FEEL
The Chrono V5 is still based on the same planform carried forward from the V4, with a high cell count and relatively few (and shorter) bridle lines. Not only does this reduce drag, it also makes for an easier and simplified set-up compared to other performance-based designs on the market.
Beautifully light weight and with unparalleled stability, the Chrono V5’s immediate response to bar input also makes it easy to find power from even the faintest gusts, helping you to thrive in conditions where available power would otherwise be minimal.
While the newly enhanced, lighter bar sensation means fatigue is no longer a concern, fluid and dynamic movement produces constant power delivery throughout turns for a very connected flying experience.
LIGHTWEIGHT, AIRTIGHT AND ROBUST
Integrating lightweight, airtight and robust double rip-stop fabric on its upper and lower surfaces, the Chrono V5’s water-repellent coating enhances flight characteristics and facilitates water relaunch.
At Ozone durability meets lightness, as always.
Refined leading edge air intakes ensure efficient inflation, an improved seal and optimised positioning for consistent internal air pressure. These enhancements also assist both land and water relaunch capabilities, ensuring seamless recovery.